Joshua says he "learnt lesson" in Usyk defeat as rematch planned
Following his defeat to Oleksandr Usyk at the weekend, Anthony Joshua has taken to social media with a message for his supporters.
Anthony Joshua says he has analysed the reasons behind Saturday's defeat to Oleksandr Usyk, declaring: "I've learnt my lesson".
Joshua set for Usyk rematch next year after weekend defeat
The former IBF, WBA and WBO champion relinquished his titles after an inspired performance by his Ukrainian opponent at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Joshua failed to recover from a slow start and subsequently slipped to his second defeat in four fights, with Usyk prevailing after 12 rounds in a unanimous points decision to maintain his unbeaten record as a professional.
The two fighters are reportedly set to do battle once more in early 2022 after the dethroned heavyweight champion "activated in principle" a rematch clause.
"I've watched the fight, analysed my preparations and identified my mistakes"
Now 24-2, Joshua insists he knows where he went wrong as the Briton looks to reclaim his belts.
Posting on Instagram, he told his 13 million followers: "I've watched the fight, analysed my preparations and identified my mistakes.
"I've learnt my lesson. Thanks for sending love and checking in. Don't worry about me. My spirit is strong!"
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass