Golden State Stimulus
California stimulus check: how many more payments remain to be sent in 2021?
The second Golden State stimulus is being sent out from September 1 and is being sent out in batches, the latest being sent from October 5.
The second Golden State Stimulus has been sending checks to Californians since the start of September. Two-thirds of residents are eligible for the checks of between $500 and $1,100, depending on income and how many dependents an individual has.
To be eligible, you just need to file your 2020 tax return and be under the wage threshold. Compared to the first round of checks in 2020, the eligibility barrier is much greater; people earning up to $75,000 can get the payment. This compares favorably to the first round where only people earning up to $30,000 were eligible.
However, if you received the first you cannot receive the second, apart from some specific circumstances. Those who received the first can only access the second if they noted their dependents on their tax return. They can receive $500 per dependent, up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Third batch of California stimulus checks: how to check if I received it?
- Which states will pay additional stimulus money in October 2021?
- Fourth stimulus check: Which states will be sending residents a direct payment?
- California stimulus check: how can you receive a new payment of $1100 this month?
- California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
What is Golden State Stimulus II?
California was able to run a budget surplus over 2020, meaning the state has the money to afford extra stimulus payments outside the federal packages. They are part of the wider $100 billion California Comeback Plan, intended to lift the state out of the covid-19 depression. As of the August data, California has one of the highest unemployment rates in the US, standing at 7.5 percent.
Round 2 of Golden State Stimulus checks start to go out this week!— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) August 27, 2021
2 out of 3 Californians are eligible for $600 or more -- we’re putting money directly back into the pockets of those that need it most. pic.twitter.com/G0ZIzVtagD
For the second Golden State Stimulus, the eligibility requirement is those earning up to $75,000 a year. This is much greater than the $30,000 eligibility limit for the first round of checks. You must also be a tax resident in California for more than half of the 2020 tax year.
The amount you qualify for can be estimated by using the California government website.
How many have been sent already?
Around 2.6 million checks have been sent directly to people's bank accounts in two batches on August 27 and September 17. Every two weeks, a new batch will be sent until all recipients have received their checks.
October 6 is the first day that mail checks are being sent, with the first ones arriving based on your California zip code. This will continue until the end of 2021. Expect at least a two-week wait for the checks to arrive in the post.
Physical Check Schedule
Last 3 digits of ZIP code
|10/04/2021 through 10/22/2021|
|10/18/2021 through 11/05/2021|
|11/1/2021 through 11/19/2021|
|11/15/2021 through 12/03/2021|
|11/29/2021 through 12/17/2021|
|12/13/2021 through 12/31/2021|
Source: California Tax Franchise Board, 2021
If you filed your tax return after September 1 then there is an extra 45-day wait for your information to be processed. If you don't receive the payment in the allotted time frame, then it is possible to contact the California Franchise Tax Board.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'