Weston McKennie could join Monaco during January transfer window
Juventus is ready to part ways with the United States midfielder and the Ligue 1 side could be his next destination.
Weston McKennie had a breakout season with Juventus in his first year, but he broke covid-19 protocols amid the pandemic and the bosses are not happy with his behaviour off the pitch. The Serie A club are interested in signing Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco and they are willing to include the United States international in the negotiations.
Gregg Berhalter on Weston McKennie's availability for Wednesday's match vs. Costa Rica:— U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) October 12, 2021
"The signs are that he's making progress, but we'll have to see today in training." #USAvCRC x @VW pic.twitter.com/bTxynjGX0l
McKennie has several admirers
Juventus has the Monaco star as their top priority for the January transfer window and according to multiple reports, McKennie has several offers from various clubs in Europe. West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur are two teams that have shown interest in the American midfielder.
Weston McKennie has lost minutes under new manager Massimiliano Allegri and in seven league games he has only played five, with only four starts and he has only gone the full 90 minutes twice this campaign.
Currently he is with the United States men's national team playing in the World Cup qualifiers. He started the first game of the international break against Jamaica, which the USMNT won 2-0. He didn't play in the 1-0 defeat against Panama due to an injury and he is doubtful to play tomorrow against Costa Rica.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers