The Bundesliga could be the next destination for USMNT star Ricardo Pepi
The United States men’s international team striker will be playing in Germany’s top flight league next year according to journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Ricardo Pepi is having a breakout season with FC Dallas in Major League Soccer and the United States men’s national team. The 18-year-old has scored 15 goals in 51 league appearances with his club and this year he has three goals with the USMNT in the World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF.
The Bundesliga, his next destination
Pepi has been linked to several UEFA Champions League clubs, but according to journalist Fabrizio Romano, he will play in the Bundesliga next year. The rumors of him leaving FC Dallas are true and it was the 18-year-old who confirmed them a few weeks ago. Pepi only wants to make sure that he sees playing time in the team he chooses to sign with.
The USMNT striker had the opportunity to leave the MLS side during the January 2021 transfer window, but the deal with a Serie A club fell through. The reason, according to Romano, is that an Italian team can only register two non-EU players per year and that is why Pepi was unable to complete his move to Italy.
According to the report, several teams in Europe have asked about Pepi, but Wolfsburgo is the only club that has presented a serious project to FC Dallas and they are willing to pay over 5 million euros to sign him. The other German club that has been closely watching the 18-year-old is FC Bayern Munich, but no formal offer has been presented to the MLS side.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?