GOLDEN STATE STIMULUS
When is California sending the next fourth Golden State stimulus payment in October?
California Franchise Tax Board says, the next batch of Golden State stimulus payment will enter bank accounts on Halloween day.
October 31 is the day set for the fourth batch of California’s stimulus to be released in both direct and paper checks.
Since Gov. Gavin Newsom passed the largest recovery bill in California in July, three batches of GSS II have already been released, with the last one having been issued on October 5.
Used to getting payments every two weeks, this check comes with bigger delays than ever, more than three weeks apart from the first payment of the month.
Despite not having revealed the exact number of people that will receive the payment at the end of the month, prior experience with other Golden batches sets the stimulus size range between 650,000 and 2 million people.
Approximately 705,000 stimulus checks totaling $480 million were issued in this latest round of Golden State payments, officials say https://t.co/dygRv63sTo— KTLA (@KTLA) October 6, 2021
Why are the payments not released all at once?
With 9 million people waiting for their payments, many were the people that didn't understand why they didn't release all the payments at once.
The Tax Board explained that releasing all payments at the same time was unviable for many reasons, including the fact that state workers had to validate eligibility, protect against fraud and issue each stimulus check, at the same time they had to carry on with other mandatory expenses.
"The state has also various processing constraints, including printing and mailing," it added.
How to know if I'm eligible?
- File your taxes before October 15
- Have a 2020 California AGI and wages of <$75,000
- Have been a resident in California for at least 50 percent of the 2020 year
- Be a resident of California currently
- Cannot be claimed as a dependant by any other taxpayer
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?