Keylor Navas available for PSG against RB Leipzig
Paris Saint-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that Keylor Navas has recovered from the injury suffered during the international break.
Keylor Navas had to be substituted after the break during Costa Rica’s 2-1 defeat against the United States during the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers last week. The veteran goalkeeper returned to Paris for scans on a tear in the adductor muscle and was not available for Paris Saint-Germain's 2-1 win against Angers at the weekend.
Navas could start in the UCL
The Costa Rican stopper has made six league starts this campaign with PSG, but in the UEFA Champions League he has only played one match. Mauricio Pochettino has been rotating his keepers and Gigi Donnarumma has seen the majority of his minutes since completing his move from AC Milan in the Champions League and even though Navas is fully recovered from his injury, the Italian international is likely to retain his place in the starting XI in consecutive matches when PSG host Leipzig.
Pochettino did not confirm who will start on Tuesday against the Bundesliga side at the Parc des Princes. “I have not decided who will start tomorrow [Donnarumma or Navas] against Leipzig, but Navas is available for the match.”
The 34-year-old played in the group opener against Club Brugge, which ended in a 1-1 draw at the Jan Breydel Stadium. For the second game in Group A, he was left on the bench for PSG's 2-1 victory against Manchester City.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection