RCD Mallorca right place for Matthew Hoppe to keep improving
The United States international is slowly adapting to LaLiga and he has made two appearances this season with Mallorca.
Matthew Hoppe arrived at RCD Mallorca after having a breakout year with Schalke 04 last season. Now he is trying to showcase his talent in LaLiga and so far he has provided one assist in two league appearances.
Happy at Mallorca
He made his league debut on matchday 5 in a scoreless draw against Villarreal. Hoppe played just 30 minutes and so didn’t have many opportunities to find the back of the net to give Mallorca the three points.
The 20-year-old striker made his first start in the following match against Real Madrid. Mallorca ended up losing 6-1 and the United States international was replaced in the 59th minute. He hasn’t seen much minutes, but he is happy to be playing for Mallorca.
“The team is giving young players an opportunity to keep growing if they have talent. This helps us improve and take our game to the next level. Practices are really intense and the ball movement is very fast. This is completely different to the Bundesliga because everything in here is faster,” said Hoppe during an interview with BBC Sports.
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is Roe v Wade in law? What happened in 1973?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?
- Ballon d' Or Casillas baffled by Ballon d'Or outcome
- PSG must find best tactical balance without injured Neymar – Pochettino
- BUNDESLIGA Why are Bayern Munich playing games behind closed doors?
- USMNT Gio Reyna returns to training with Borussia Dortmund