Ricardo Pepi has formally requested to leave FC Dallas
The United States men’s national team striker has submitted his transfer request to the MLS side front office according to 90Min.
Ricardo Pepi is one of the most talented young players in the United States men’s national team and he is having a breakout season with FC Dallas this year. Several teams from Europe’s top leagues have been keeping a close eye on him during the 2021 MLS regular season and he is ready for the next challenge in his career.
The USMNT is now 3-0 when Ricardo Pepi starts.— FC Dallas (done tweeting at gregg till nov.) (@FCDallas) October 14, 2021
that is all, thank you pic.twitter.com/ZqjB28dtI8
Pepi on his way to the Bundesliga
FC Dallas are struggling to book their ticket to the MLS Cup playoffs this season as they sit in 12th place with 28 points in the Western Conference. They have five games left of the regular season and since they are out of the playoff picture, Pepi has put in a transfer request to FC Dallas front office according to 90Min.
Pepi has scored 13 goals and provided two assists in 22 league appearances this season and he is ready for the next challenge in his career. There were many Champions League teams interested in the 18-year-old striker, but in the end Wolfsburg appear to have won the race.
It was reported a few weeks ago that the Bundesliga side have agreed to personal terms with Pepi and he could join the team during the January transfer window. According to transfermarkt, his current market value is $2.75 million, but Wolfsburg will play around $8 million to FC Dallas to make the move permanent.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?