Caden Clark ready to join RB Leipzig during the winter break
The 18-year-old American is one of the best young prospects in Major League Soccer and he is ready to make the jump to the Bundesliga in December.
Caden Clark will become the latest American to make the switch from Major League Soccer to the Bundesliga. The teenager is set to join RB Leipzig during the winter break, where he will play alongside compatriot Tyler Adams. The transfer was made official in June, but the Bundesliga side wanted Clark to finish the 2021 MLS season with New York Red Bulls.
“Clark can make a career for himself in Europe”
The 18-year-old midfielder has scored four goals and provided three assists in 21 league appearances this campaign. The head coach of the Red Bulls, Gerhard Struber, spoke highly of Clark during an interview with journalist Philipp Marquardt of transfermarkt.com's German website.
🗣🎤 | Gerhard Struber was mic'd up at training. pic.twitter.com/AtWywVpJ2U— New York Red Bulls (@NewYorkRedBulls) October 25, 2021
“He (Caden Clark) is a lad massively close to my heart. I've been working with him for over a year. We all know that he's a great talent. It's essential that he gets playing time every week. That's necessitated by the pace of his development,” said Struber.
"He's very skilled technically and orients himself well on the pitch. He can devise solutions whilst under pressure in tight spaces. The fact that he's eager and wants to take the next step is what sets him apart. If everything continues like this, he can definitely make a career for himself in Europe,” he added.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up