Canelo Álvarez and Caleb Plant declare intention to make history
The Mexican boxer, considered to be the pound-for-pound king, and the undefeated champion arrived in Las Vegas for the fight on Saturday at the MGM Grand Arena.
The wait is over as Saúl ‘Canelo’ Álvarez and Caleb Plant prepare to meet on the ring on 6 November at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Both boxers arrived in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday, marking the official start of ‘fight week.’
Both boxers want to make history
“It means a lot to me to win this fight for my legacy,” said Canelo. “That’s why we are here. He’s a good fighter with a lot of skills, but that’s nothing new for me. Saturday night, I’m going to make history.”
“I’ve dedicated my life to this sport,” said Plant. “I’ve sacrificed a lot. We’re happy to be here, but we’re not just happy to be here. We are here to win those belts and become the first undisputed super middleweight champion of all time.”
Álvarez and Plant know what is at stake in this fight, which is set at 168 pounds. The winner will become the first undisputed World Champion of the four belt-era and both fighters are ready to make history in the sport of boxing.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online