Barcelona: Nasri sheds some light on Kun Aguero retirement mystery
Agüero's old Man City team mate gave another version of what might become of the Barça player, despite and the club insisting that he isn't quitting football.
While both Barça and Xavi Hernández have stated that Kun Agüero has not yet made a decision about quitting football, Samir Nasri, who played alongside the Argentinean at Manchester City, gave new details which could shed some light on his future. "Kun has just sent me a text message and, unfortunately, he's confirmed it. I-m really sad about it. After being a player who was known all over the world, he was amazing, he's a great guy and a great person," Nasri explained in an interview with Canal+ France.
"It's a real shame because it's not something which he wants to do out of choice, he is being forced to retire. I know how much he loves the game and to see him having to stop like this is upsetting. I sent him a message telling him to be brave and sent him my best wishes because he is someone who I value a great deal," he added.
Nasri's words echo what journalist Gerard Romero had to say about Agüero, which was a bombshell on the day when Xavi made his debut as Barcelona coach in the derby meeting with Espanyol. Xavi later had to attempt to defuse the matter, claiming that the player has not decided what course of action to take, which contrasted with Nasri's version.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 How long after the booster shot are you fully vaccinated?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?
- NFL Which QB has the most 400 yard passing games in the NFL?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NBA LeBron James 'frustrated' and 'angry' with covid-19 protocols