Liga MX 2021 playoffs quarter finals: when will the return leg games be played?
Both opening games of the quarter-final stage Liga MX Apertura 2021 ended goalless with the Puebla-Leon and Santos Laguna-Tigres games to be played on Thursday.
With both the PUMAS-Club América and Monterrey-Atlas quarter finals ending goalless, the attention turns to the other two Liga MX Apertura quarter-final ties as Santos Laguna face Tigres UNAL and Puebla play Leon.
There will be limited time for the players to recover with the second legs for the quarter-finals set to take place on Saturday and Sunday this week and the semi-finals looming next mid-week.
Club América remain the leading contenders to secure the title with 'Las Aguillas' holding the advantage of finishing top of the regular season table.
Liga MX 2021 Apertura: return legs (quarter-final)
Saturday 27 November
20:00 ET/17:00 PT Club América vs Pumas (Azteca 19:00 CST)
21:05 CST Atlas vs Monterrey (Jalisco 21:05 CST)
Sunday 28 November
19:00 ET/16:00 PT Tigres vs Santos Laguna (Nou Camp 18:00 CST)
21:05 ET/18:05 PT León vs Puebla (Universitario 20:05 CST)
*Local time CST - Central Standard Time
The team that finished higher in the league table will advance should games remain tied after both legs. Extra time and penalty kicks will be used only in the final.
The semi-finals are scheduled for 1/2 December with the return legs on 3/4 December with the final dates penciled in for 9/12 December.
Recommended in English
- NFL Patriots vs Bills, Monday Night Football: five players to watch
- NFL Dalvin Cook ruled out of Vikings-Lions clash
- SOCIAL MEDIA Cassano explains Cristiano Ronaldo Whatsapp spat
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible line-up against Real Sociedad
- NBA Ten NBA records that might never be broken: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar...
- NBA Winning Suns finally eclipsed as Warriors get revenge