FINAL FANTASY XIV
How to get Final Fantasy XIV free trial and play on PC, PS5 and PS4
Square Enix offers a 30-day free trial of Final Fantasy XIV on PC, PS5 and PS4 for anyone willing to download and try the game for the first time.
Final Fantasy XIV is, currently, one of the most popular and beloved MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) titles. An installment that has achieved the milestone of becoming a solid title and has taken its rightful place along with the best single-player games of the Final Fantasy franchise thanks to its storytelling, its combat system, its well-crafted universe full of references and easter eggs, and the transparency showed by its developers. The game originally launched in 2010 but after an initial negative response from both players and critics, its servers were closed in 2012 and the game was relaunched as a Realm Reborn in 2013 with Naoki Yoshida as producer and director.
Since then the game has gone from strength to strength (and its community keeps growing) with several post-release updates and four major expansion packs that have improved the game experience: Heavensward in 2015, Stormblood in 2017 and Shadowbringers in 2019. And now, in December 2021, the game has received Endwalker - a fourth major expansion. Each of them has been praised for new additions in terms of plot, classes and mechanics.
The game has already broken its own record of active players on Steam. On December 4th, when the early access to Endwalker was available it recorded 90k active players in Steam (the previous record was 67k in July 2021). This data doesn't include the players who access through the official Square Enix launcher for the game or from PS4 and PS5 systems.
With the launching of the new expansion, Endwalker, many players are willing to go back to the game and many users will want to try it for the first time. Square Enix offers a 30-days free trial on PC, PS4 and PS5 for newcomers that includes enough content to play hundreds of hours. A great opportunity to discover the world of Eorzea and decide if it's worth paying a subscription. For those willing to know how to access this free demo, we have gathered all the information players need to know.
How to get the Final Fantasy XIV Online Free Trial on PC, PS4 and PS5?
The first step is creating a free trial account on the official Square Enix site by clicking on "Start your free trial". Users will be requested to choose their Square Enix ID, introduce an e-mail, choose their region, and most importantly choose the platform where they want the free trial. Options are Windows PC, Mac, PS4, and PS5.
How to download and play the free trial on PC/Mac version?
Once the registration is done, players can sign in to the same website and download Square Enix launcher. There, all you need to do is introduce the account information and start downloading the game. Once completed, players can play for 30 days.
How to download and play the free trial on PS4/PS5?
Whether users are using a PS4 or a PS5 system, they need to visit the PlayStation Store and search for the Final Fantasy XIV store page. Once there, they will have the option to select "Free Trial" or "Try Free Demo" depending on if they are using PS4 or PS5. Users can also use the computer to acquire this free trial through the official PlayStation Network website and then just download it from their library.
For PlayStation users, Square Enix warns: "This will permanently link a Square Enix account to your PlayStation Network account, so please log into the intended accounts before moving forward".
What is included in FF14 free trial? Duration and expansions
Final Fantasy XIV free trial allows players to play for 30 days any amount of hours they want through the base game, A Realm Reborn and the first expansion Heavensward. This means tons of hours of content including Main Story Quests (over 375), Side Quest, Levequest, Dungeons, Trials, Raids... Yet, players can only level up their classes/jobs to Level 60 since this is Heavensward's cap (each expansion increases it by 10 until Endwalker where the cap is expanded to 90) .
Players will have access to all the classes/jobs available until Heavensward. Those are:
- Conjurer/White Mage
- Thaumaturge/Black Mage
- Dark Knight (added in Heavensward)
- Machinist (added in Heavensward)
- Astrologian (added in Heavensward)
The 3 latter are only available after reaching level 50 and arriving in Ishgard, the main city of Heavensward.
Non-available jobs in the Free Trial are the ones added in the other expansions:
- Gunbreaker and Dancer (added in Stormblood)
- Samurai and Red Mage (added in Shadowbringers)
- Sage and Reaper (latest ones added in Endwalker)
What restrictions are there for players in the Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial?
Square Enix states in its official website a number of restrictions for players using the free trial.
The following account restrictions apply during the Free Trial:
- Free trial users cannot use paid optional services (hiring additional retainers, etc.)
- Free trial users are unable to log in to the Lodestone and the official forums.
The following in-game restrictions apply during the free trial:
· [Micro Transaction Restriction]
- Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
· [Character Creation Restriction]
- Up to 8 playable characters, restricted to 1 playable character per Home World, can be created with a free trial account.
· [Level Cap]
- Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level 60.
· [Currency Cap]
- There is a cap on the amount of Gil (in-game currency) Free Trial account characters can obtain.
· [Chat Restrictions]
- The chat options /shout, /yell, and /tell cannot be used by Free Trial Players.
· [Market Board Restrictions]
- The Market Board cannot be used by Free Trial Players.
· [Trading Restrictions]
- Trades cannot be made with or by Free Trial Players.
· [Moogle Delivery Service Restrictions]
- The Moogle Delivery Service cannot be used by Free Trial Players.
· [Retainer Restrictions]
- Retainers cannot be used or hired by Free Trial Players.
· [Linkshell Restrictions]
- Linkshells cannot be created by Free Trial Players. However, Free Trial Players can join already existing linkshells.
· [Free Company Restrictions]
- Free Trial Players cannot create or join Free Companies.
· [Party Restrictions]
- Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future
- NFL Mahomes vs. Allen: the next great NFL quarterback rivalry
- REAL MADRID Benzema home burgled as striker played at the Bernabéu
- TRANSFER MARKET Where has Dusan Vlahovic decided he wants to play?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NBA How many points per game is LeBron James averaging for the Lakers this season?