All the details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s divorce settlement
The couple have reached agreement on the terms of their divorce, which will see them share joint custody of their four children.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have come to an agreement on their divorce settlement after prolonged negotiations following the power couple’s separation. They tied the knot in Florence, Italy in 2014 but Kardashian filed for divorce in 2021.
The pair, who’s combined net worth is thought to be in the billions, have four children together, aged between three and nine.
The couple’s divorce settlement has been the subject of nearly two years of negotiations between the two parties, and details of the agreement have now been reported by TMZ.
Here’s what we know about the Kim-Kanye divorce settlement:
- Both parties will share joint physical and legal custody of their children
- West acknowledged that Kardashian will be the primary care-giver, but retains “equal access”
- West will pay $200,000 in monthly child support, to be sent on the first of every month
- Each parent will pay half of the children’s security and schooling costs
- An extensive pre-nuptial agreement means that each party will retain most of their assets
- During the marriage both parties kept their property largely separate
- Any future issues will be dealt with by an agreed mediation process. Failure by either party to participate will allow the other to decide the dispute by default
Resolution after two years apart
The pair began dating in 2012 and married two years after, forming one of the most talked-about celebrity couples of all time. Their first child, North, was born in June 2013 and three more – Saint, Chicago and Psalm – followed.
However the couple split in early 2021 and in March 2022 a judge declared that they were legally single, at Kardashian’s request. The lengthy legal process was delayed in part by West’s reluctance to end the relationship.
However in court documents earlier this year, Kardashian said: “I very much desire to be divorced. I have asked Kanye to keep our divorce private, but he has not done so.”
“I believe that the court terminating our marital status will help Kanye to accept that our marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist us in peacefully co-parenting our children.”
A spell of outspoken behaviour from West has seen him back in the news in recent months. The artist made a series of offensive and anti-Semitic remarks, which cost him a number of lucrative commercial deals.
West fell off the Forbes billionaires list after being dropped by Adidas. The sportswear brand is thought to have been responsible for around $1.5 billion of his 2021 net worth.
To be able to comment you must be registered and logged in. Forgot password?