NFL Draft 2022: How much each first-round pick will be paid, contract values
With the NFL Draft setting contract values, we bring you a list of the 2022 NFL first-round pick contracts and how much each pick will be paid.
The covid-19 pandemic had a big effect on the paychecks of the NFL’s 2021 draft class. That’s why this year the draft’s first round picks are getting a nice boost in compensation.
Drafted players in the first round acquire contracts that last for four years, with the option of a fifth season.
These contracts for first round picks are based on the 2022 NFL salary cap of $208.2 million and this season’s rookie compensation agreed on by the league’s players association in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). However, they do not include other endorsement deals or financials off the field for the players.
The salary cap for each team in 2021 was $182.5 million – which had decreased from $198.2 million in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Travon Walker’s rookie deal
As the 1st overall pick, Georgia’s Travon Walker is set to sign a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars worth around $41.465 million. His 4-year rookie deal includes a $24,360,088 signing bonus.
That’s $6.7 million more than last year’s No. 1 pick, Trevor Lawrence, Clemson’s quarterback.
Here is a list of the 2022 NFL Draft first-round picks and their estimated four-year contract values:
2022 NFL Draft first-round picks contract values
1. Georgia defensive end Travon Walker, Jaguars: $41,465,408
2. Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson, Lions: $39,603,429
3. LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr., Texans: $38,418,555
4. Cincinnati cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, Jets: $37,064,375
5. Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux, Giants: $34,694,577
6. North Carolina State defensive end Ikem Ekwonu, Panthers: $30,462,810
7. Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal, Giants: $27,077,395
8. Southern Cal wide receiver Drake London, Falcons: $23,691,980
9. Mississippi State offensive tackle Charles Cross, Seahawks: $23,522,517
10. Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson, Jets: $22,591,714
11. Ohio State wide receiver Chris Olave, Saints: $21,152,921
12. Alabama wide receiver Jameson Williams, Lions: $19,121,660
13. Georgia defensive tackle Jordan Davis, Eagles: $18,613,852
14. Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton, Ravens: $17,767,500
15. Texas A&M guard Kenyon Green, Texans: $17,428,979
16. Penn State wide receiver Jahan Dotson, Commanders: $16,413,330
17. Boston College guard Zion Johnson, Chargers: $16,074,788
18. Arkansas wide receiver Treylon Burks, Titans: $15,651,617
19. Northern Iowa offensive tackle Trevor Penning, Saints: $15,397,702
20. Pittsburgh quarterback Kenny Pickett, Steelers: $15,313,075
21. Washington cornerback Trent McDuffie, Chiefs: $15,228,436
22. Georgia linebacker Quay Walker, Packers: $15,059,160
23. Florida cornerback Kaiir Elam, Bills: $14,889,894
24. Tulsa offensive tackle Tyler Smith, Cowboys: $14,551,351
25. Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum, Ravens: $14,382,085
26. Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson II, Jets: $14,212,788
27. Utah linebacker Devin Lloyd, Jaguars: $14,043,543
28. Georgia defensive tackle DeVonte Wyatt, Packers: $13,958,904
29. Chattanooga guard Cole Strange, Patriots: $13,279,748
30. Purdue defensive end George Karlaftis, Chiefs: $12,920,090