Cristiano Ronaldo willing to take pay cut to leave Man Utd
Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly willing to take a pay cut in order to secure a move away from Manchester United.
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United and is willing to make some allowances to secure the move.
Reports of Ronaldo’s transfer request emerged over the weekend, although United are said to be holding firm in their desire to keep the superstar.
That has not stopped the rumours around a potential destination for the Portugal great, though, and he is doing all he can to get the move he wants.
Ronaldo willing to take pay cut
The Independent reports Ronaldo is willing to take a “considerable” pay cut in order to move to a Champions League contender.
The forward’s desire to win another European crown was widely cited as key to his decision to push for a departure from the Premier League side, and the report suggests the player is hopeful a reduced salary could entice leading clubs.
Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, who employ great rival Lionel Messi, are listed as potential suitors.
The Athletic also again reports Chelsea’s interest following talk of a meeting between Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes and new Stamford Bridge owner Todd Boehly earlier in the close-season.
The Sun says Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel is reluctant to agree to such a transfer, though, while AS claims Mendes has also met with Barcelona president Joan Laporta.
– Corriere dello Sport claims Bayern Munich are looking to bring in Napoli striker Victor Osimhen for a fee in the vicinity of €100million if Robert Lewandowski is to leave.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Tottenham have agreed to sign 27-year-old Barcelona centre-back Clément Lenglet for a fee of £17.2m.
– The Sun is reporting Arsenal have made a £47m bid for 27-year-old Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
– After loaning Romelu Lukaku to Inter, Chelsea are also weighing up a potential loan move for Hakim Ziyech to Milan, according to The Athletic.
– The Mirror claims United representatives have met with Ajax to discuss a £39.6m offer for defender Lisandro Martinez.