NewslettersSign inAPP
spainSPAINargentinaARGENTINAchileCHILEcolombiaCOLOMBIAusaUSAmexicoMEXICOperuPERUlatin usaLATIN USAamericaAMERICA

ATLËTICO MADRID | TORRES

Two thirds of fans say Atlético should not renew Torres’ contract

In a survey conducted by AS.com, 65% of the 7,500 netizens who participated support the decision of Atletico. The other 35% (2500) do not share that opinion

Update:
Atleti striker Torres looks to be on his way.
FELIPE SEVILLANODIARIO AS

The decision this week by Atletico not to sign/renew Torres’ contract with them (currently on loan from AC Milan) has not been received as badly as some may have thought based on the historical importance of the player and for the support he has always had at the Calderon. In fact two out of every three fans who took part in the AS.com survey deemed it a good decision by Atletico.

More than 7,500 supporters answered the following question, 'Are Atlético right not to renew Torres’ contract’ with 4,800 of them saying yes.

In a meeting held last Monday between Simeone, the striker and the club owner, Miguel Angel Gil Marin, Torres was told that they would not sign him during this winter break and then may be prevented from hiring him in this summer and in January 2017 under sanctions by FIFA.

Even so, as we have been reporting at AS, Miguel Angel Gil told Torres that Atletico is looking for a suspension of the sanctions and, if it is granted, and if the striker performs well, he would stay at the club. Torres, injured at the moment, has played 1,169 minutes this season and has scored two goals (both in the league).

Rules

To be able to comment you must be registered and logged in. Forgot password?