LALIGA | LEVANTE 0-2 BARCELONA
Andres Iniesta: "Unspectacular Barcelona still too good"
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta admitted the European champions were not at their best, despite beating bottom-of-the-table Levante 2-0 on Sunday. Sporting vs Barcelona
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta admitted the European champions were far from their brilliant best despite taking another step towards retaining their La Liga title with a 2-0 win at bottom-of-the-table Levante on Sunday.
David Navarro's first-half own goal and Luis Suarez's 36th goal of the season deep into stoppage time sealed Barca's 10th consecutive win to move three points clear of Atletico Madrid with a game in hand at the top of the table.
Victory also extended Barca's unbeaten run in all competitions to 28 games, matching the previous club record set by Pep Guardiola's side in 2010/11.
"Perhaps it wasn't a spectacular game," Iniesta told Canal Plus. 'But they are three important points and it was very important for us not to drop points here".
Wednesday's 7-0 thrashing of Valencia aside, Barca have begun to show signs of fatigue in recent weeks after an already gruelling schedule this season as they remain on track to repeat their treble triumph of Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey from last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades