Napoli fans come out in support for Koulibaly
Fans sent out a message that racism will not be tolerated, with a gesture of support for Koulibaly who was on the end of abuse at Lazio last week.
Thousands of Napoli fans fulfilled a pledge to racism victim Kalidou Koulibaly by filling the San Paolo stadium with masks of the Senegal defender prior to kick off against Carpi. The latest in a long line of racist incidents hit Italian football last week when the French-born Senegal international was victim of monkey chants during a 2-0 win at Lazio. The referee halted the match for nearly four minutes to demand a stop to the abuse. Lazio were fined 50,000 euros with the Curva Nord (North End) of the Stadio Olimpico closed to fans for their next two home games. Thousands of fans filled almost the entire stadium with photocopied masks of the African's face prior to kick-off against the visiting league strugglers this afternoon.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente