GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID
Modric keeps Real Madrid in the hunt for LaLiga title
A superbly hit goal from the Croatian gave Zidane's side all three points at Los Cármenes after Granada had levelled at 1-1. Benzema opened the scoring for Real Madrid
Real Madrid are still in the hunt for LaLiga title, but it looked as if their chances were slipping away tonight at Los Cármenes, until Luka Modric stepped up with a 20 yard strike to give them a 1-2 victory. Zidane's men remain four points behind Barcelona (and one behind Atleti), though the Catalan side have a game in hand.
The two sides had exchanged attacks at the start of the match, but it was Real Madrid who drew first blood, when Dani Carvajal made a tremendous run down the right, and then put the ball on a plate for Benzema to tap home.
Granada were a handful for Zidane's men all night, and it was no surprise when they levelled, although they had a little help from the referee. The official got in Modric's way in the midfield, and Granada swiftly nicked the ball and ferried it to El Arabi, sprinting down the right. He brought Navas out and slotted cooly through the keeper's legs.
The home side had several chances to go ahead, but it was Real Madrid who took the points, thanks to Modric's golazo with five minutes to go.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades