Getafe - Atlético
Atlético fans not going for Getafe high prices
With seat prices at 50 euros, expectations are that Atlético Madrid will not take more than a hundred fans to the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez this weekend.
Atlético fans will not be filling their available allocation at the relatively nearby Coliseum Alfonso Pérez this Sunday for the game against Getafe (18:15 CET). Times are good on the pitch but the Rojiblanca fans will not be heading en masse to the home of their next opponents due to the ticket prices.
Anyone who wants to go will have to pay 50 euros, an amount that most consider excessive for the meeting against the team that lie in 12th place in the league and only 5 points above the relegation zone. So far, no more than fifty tickets have been sold and it's unlikely that this will rise to a hundred prior to matchday.
Atlético understand the position of Getafe, where any financial boost could be crucial, but see the alternative option as the most sensible to achieve a win-win. If the price was cheaper, more fans would go. We are going to see quite the opposite in terms of visiting fans on the 24 February when many of the Rojiblanco followers will make the journey for the match in the Champions League against Eindhoven with 1,000 seats for the match already sold.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team