Official: Martins leaves MLS for the Chinese Super League
Obafami Martins has taken to Twitter to say goodbye to Seattle and hello to Shanghai.
Obafami Martins, the 31-year-old who has scored 43 goals in 84 games for Seattle Sounders in two years follows recent big name signings to China.
Nine days into the start of the MLS season and Seattle Sounders will now be without Obafemi Martins. Shanghai Shenhua of the Chinese Super League (CLS) have signed Martins.
The 31-year-old scored 43 goals in 84 games – better than one in two - with the Seattle club from March 2013.
In January there was a distinct possibility that Martins would return to the English Premier League, but his British agent Tony Harris, along with the player's lawyer Soroosh Abdi, finalised the move to China.
The Nigerian, joins Senegalese striker Demba Ba in the Shanghai based club, another football star who will be plying his trade in the CLS.
Other big-name players that have been seduced by the league’s allure include Columbian Jackson Martinez; Argentine striker Ezequiel Lavezzi and Shakhtar midfielder Alex Teixeira – whose transfer value was too much even for Liverpool FC to swallow. Next, it sounds like Radamel Falcao could be getting his pen and passport ready in a similar way.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today