Augusto back from injury and in Atlético squad for PSV trip
The midfielder, who suffered a partial tear in the interior ligament of his left knee in January, is on Diego Simeone's 19-man list for the Champions League last-16 first leg.
Augusto Fernández has been included in the Atlético Madrid squad for their Champions League clash with PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday, three weeks after suffering a knee ligament injury in Los Rojiblancos' league defeat at Barcelona.
Having been given the all-clear by Atlético's medical staff, the former Celta Vigo midfielder is back in first-team contention well ahead of schedule, with his recovery time initially estimated at a month and half.
And the Argentinian's return to fitness was in evidence during Atleti training in Madrid on Monday, as Diego Simeone's men continued their preparations for their last-16 first leg against the Dutch champions.
Los Colchoneros will travel to the Netherlands on Tuesday morning ahead of the encounter at the Philips Stadion.
Atlético's squad to face PSV is: Oblak, Moyá; Juanfran, Gámez, Godín, Lucas, Giménez, Savic, Filipe, Gabi, Kranevitter, Augusto, Koke, Saúl, Óliver; Griezmann, Vietto, Correa and Torres.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series