Adam Johnson found guilty of child sex charges
Former England winger Adam Johnson was found guilty of one count of sexual activity with a child at a court in northern England on Wednesday.
Former England winger Adam Johnson was found guilty of one count of sexual activity with a child at a court in northern England on Wednesday. The 28-year-old had previously admitted to grooming a 15-year-old girl and one charge of sexual activity with her, relating to an incident when he kissed her in his Range Rover.
He was cleared of one more serious charge of sexual activity with a child regarding an oral sex act, but found guilty of a second charge of sexual touching by a majority verdict of 10-2. The judge at Bradford Crown Court said a custodial sentence was “almost inevitable” and told Johnson he was likely to face a jail term of between four and 10 years. The player was granted bail and will be sentenced in two to three weeks.
Johnson, who wore a black suit, white shirt and black tie, sat in the dock between two security guards and did not appear to react to the verdicts. He was sacked by Premier League employers Sunderland last month.
The charges related to an incident that occurred after he picked the girl up in County Durham, northeast England on January 30 last year. Johnson began his career with Middlesbrough and returned to his native northeast in 2012 when he joined Sunderland from Manchester City in a £10 million ($15.3 million, 13.7 million euros) transfer. He has been capped 12 times by England, making his last international appearance in February 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates