VALENCIA - ATLÉTICO
When Fernando Torres brought Gary Neville to 'goalgasm'
With the ex-Premier League pair's sides facing off in LaLiga, AS looks back at the moment Torres drew wails of ecstasy from the current Los Che boss.
Valencia boss Gary Neville came up against Atlético Madrid's Fernando Torres just once in the Premier League, in a 2-1 Manchester United win over Liverpool in the 2009-10 season. The Anfield club's goal that afternoon came courtesy of Torres, but the clash produced few moments of note involving both the Spaniard and former defender Neville.
- Sagan Tosu
Type "Gary Neville Fernando Torres" into Google, however, and the search engine brings up no fewer than 421,000 results. The reason? Chelsea's Champions League semi-final triumph over Barcelona in 2012.
With the 90 minutes up in the tie's second leg at the Camp Nou, then Blues striker Torres made sure of the West London outfit's progress to the final - where Roberto Di Matteo's men would go on to see off Bayern Munich - when he ran through on goal from inside his own half, rounded keeper Víctor Valdés and tapped in.
And Neville, commentating on the match for Sky Sports, reacted as the ball hit the net with a prolonged moan of ecstasy that became an immediate internet hit, with replays and remixes of the ex-England international's gurgle of elation, swiftly dubbed the 'goalgasm' in the UK, spreading across social media like wildfire.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?