Adam Johnson to learn prison sentence on 24 March
Former Sunderland and England winger Adam Johnson faces a substantial prison term after it was confirmed on Thursday that he will be sentenced on 24 March for sexual activity with a 15-year-old girl.
Johnson admitted grooming and sexual activity with the girl, who is a Sunderland fan, and was convicted of a charge of sexual touching.
The 28-year-old, who also played for Manchester City and Middlesbrough, was found guilty of sexual activity with the teenager and a judge told him he should expect to receive a lengthy prison sentence.
Johnson was given bail at Bradford Crown Court by Judge Jonathan Rose, who warned him: "You must understand that when you return here at the end of March you will receive a substantial prison sentence."
The judge said his preliminary view was that the offences fall into the category of a five-year prison sentence with a possible range of four to 10 years.
Johnson was found not guilty of a third charge of sexual activity with a child, relating to the same girl.
All the charges relate to an incident in Johnson's Range Rover when he met up with the girl in County Durham on January 30 last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United