Ronaldo has scored as many Champions League goals as Wolfsburg
The Portuguese has found the target thirteen times in this season's edition of the competition, the same number as the entire Bundesliga side's squad combined.
Cristiano Ronaldo shares something in common with Wolfsburg. The Madeira native and the Bundesliga side have each notched up 13 goals in this season’s edition of the Champions League.
The Real Madrid marksman outscored the Germans in the group stage (11 vs. 9), but Die Wölfe put four past Gent in the round of 16 to draw level with the former Manchester United player, who added a further two goals to his tally against Roma.
Before netting twice against the Giallorossi, Ronaldo crammed his other 11 goals into four games: Shakhtar Donetsk at home (3), Malmo in Sweden (2), Shaktar in Ukraine (2) and Malmo at the Bernabéu (4). PSG managed to keep him at bay on two occasions.
The La Liga side’s talisman set a new record for most goals scored by a single player during the group stage of the competition. The previous record belonged to Brazilian striker Luiz Adriano, who found the back of the net nine times for Shakhtar Donetsk during the team’s first six Champions League matches last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash