Cristiano: three penalty misses in one month
With the Madrid striker failing to score last night against Bulgaria, the player from Madeira has now missed three of his last four spot kicks.
Cristiano Ronaldo is coming unstuck with an area of his game that in the past he rarely experiences problems with: penalty kicks. The Portuguese striker has been called upon to take spot kicks four times in the past three months with Malaga's Kameni stopping his kick on February 21 at La Rosaleda.
Since failing to convert from 11 meters in the Málaga, game he managed to find the target in the Levante game on March 2. His spot kick in the home game against Sevilla at the Bernabeu went over the bar and las night in Leria Bulgarian keeper Stoyanov stopped his penalty with Cristiano pulling the rebound wide. as Portugal went down 0-1 to the visitors.
Working out to recover for the next challenge! 💪🏽✌🏽️🇵🇹 pic.twitter.com/5xXHrhHoX1— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) March 26, 2016
Stoyanov also managed to repel the Madrid striker last season in the Champions League as Madrid traveled to face Ludogorets. Cristiano's overall carrear balance however does tell a different story with the 31 year old on target 90 occasions of the overall total of 108 spot kicks he has been responsable for. An overall rating of 83,4%. Cristiano's strike rate from the spot is even better at his club with 65 of the 75 spot kicks converted, a 86,7% ranking..
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry