Iker Casillas breaks another international record
According to FIFA data, the Spanish keeper has played in 166 games for Spain since his debut on 3 June 2000 in the 1-1 draw in Gothenburg against Sweden.
With his starting berth in the game against Romania, Iker Casillas has added another record to his extraordinary professional career. The Porto stopper made his 166th appearance for La Roja in Cluj which takes him past the number held by Vitalijs Astafjevs from Latvia.
The ex-Real Madrid man has spent almost 16 years between the national sticks and although unlikely to be number one at this year's European Championships could well still have a part to play. His experience in winning two Euros and a World Cup in his career may prove very useful come the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?