Iker Casillas breaks another international record
According to FIFA data, the Spanish keeper has played in 166 games for Spain since his debut on 3 June 2000 in the 1-1 draw in Gothenburg against Sweden.
With his starting berth in the game against Romania, Iker Casillas has added another record to his extraordinary professional career. The Porto stopper made his 166th appearance for La Roja in Cluj which takes him past the number held by Vitalijs Astafjevs from Latvia.
The ex-Real Madrid man has spent almost 16 years between the national sticks and although unlikely to be number one at this year's European Championships could well still have a part to play. His experience in winning two Euros and a World Cup in his career may prove very useful come the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis