Iker Casillas breaks another international record
According to FIFA data, the Spanish keeper has played in 166 games for Spain since his debut on 3 June 2000 in the 1-1 draw in Gothenburg against Sweden.
With his starting berth in the game against Romania, Iker Casillas has added another record to his extraordinary professional career. The Porto stopper made his 166th appearance for La Roja in Cluj which takes him past the number held by Vitalijs Astafjevs from Latvia.
The ex-Real Madrid man has spent almost 16 years between the national sticks and although unlikely to be number one at this year's European Championships could well still have a part to play. His experience in winning two Euros and a World Cup in his career may prove very useful come the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?