Atlético Madrid manager Diego Simeone gave an exclusive interview to Sport Mediaset reporter Claudio Raimondi ahead of the Champions League quarterfinal clash between Barcelona and the rojiblancos, during which the 45-year-old Argentinean spoke about his possible future plans. Simeone stressed he was happy at Atlético and had no immediate desire to seek his fortune elsewhere, but he also spoke of a potential return to Inter Milan, where he played for two seasons between 1997 and 1999. “In the future I hope to go to certain places, at some point. But not right now. But the possibility of a return to Inter may come up; it’s something I can imagine.”
Inter owner Erick Thohir has long coveted the Atlético manager but he is aware that for now there is no scope of luring him from the Calderón, where Simeone has built one of Europe’s top teams. Inter currently have Roberto Mancini in the dugout and the Italian is contracted to the Nerazzurri until 2017, but reports in Italy have suggested he will not be at the helm of the team next season.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play