Chicharito voted Bundesliga best player of Matchday 28
The decision was made via an official online portal for the Bundesliga, and the Mexican, Javier Hernandez, received the most fan votes.
Mexican striker, Javier Hernandez, was chosen as the best player in the Bundesliga for Matchday 28 after his performance in the match between his Bayer Leverkusen and the team that would go on to beat Real Madrid a few days later, Wolfsburg. The diminutive striker was a major factor in the victory with a goal and an assist.
Hernandez came off the bench to double the hosts lead - following a earlier strike from Julian Brandt - and later provided the pass that allowed Vladlen Yurchenko to score his first league goal. The game ended 3-0 in what was a comfortable 90 minutes that lifts Leverkusen up to fourth in the table.
Following this round of games, an online ballot for fans of the Bundesliga took place and 'Chicharito' was the clear favourite taking 75 percent of the votes. This was the second time he's achieved this recognition after his hat-trick in Week 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Pedro: "I would love to return to Barcelona"
- Kane has no limits, says former Tottenham team-mate Soldado
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group
- TOTTENHAM Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
- Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out
- BAYERN MUNICH 'Lucky' Coman out just three games with torn knee capsule