Chicharito voted Bundesliga best player of Matchday 28
The decision was made via an official online portal for the Bundesliga, and the Mexican, Javier Hernandez, received the most fan votes.
Mexican striker, Javier Hernandez, was chosen as the best player in the Bundesliga for Matchday 28 after his performance in the match between his Bayer Leverkusen and the team that would go on to beat Real Madrid a few days later, Wolfsburg. The diminutive striker was a major factor in the victory with a goal and an assist.
Hernandez came off the bench to double the hosts lead - following a earlier strike from Julian Brandt - and later provided the pass that allowed Vladlen Yurchenko to score his first league goal. The game ended 3-0 in what was a comfortable 90 minutes that lifts Leverkusen up to fourth in the table.
Following this round of games, an online ballot for fans of the Bundesliga took place and 'Chicharito' was the clear favourite taking 75 percent of the votes. This was the second time he's achieved this recognition after his hat-trick in Week 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"