Chicharito voted Bundesliga best player of Matchday 28
The decision was made via an official online portal for the Bundesliga, and the Mexican, Javier Hernandez, received the most fan votes.
Mexican striker, Javier Hernandez, was chosen as the best player in the Bundesliga for Matchday 28 after his performance in the match between his Bayer Leverkusen and the team that would go on to beat Real Madrid a few days later, Wolfsburg. The diminutive striker was a major factor in the victory with a goal and an assist.
Hernandez came off the bench to double the hosts lead - following a earlier strike from Julian Brandt - and later provided the pass that allowed Vladlen Yurchenko to score his first league goal. The game ended 3-0 in what was a comfortable 90 minutes that lifts Leverkusen up to fourth in the table.
Following this round of games, an online ballot for fans of the Bundesliga took place and 'Chicharito' was the clear favourite taking 75 percent of the votes. This was the second time he's achieved this recognition after his hat-trick in Week 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops