Benzema and Varane back in training
Real Madrid's French international duo Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane returned to training on Sunday with both expected to be fit for Tuesday.
Real Madrid's French international duo Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane returned to training on Sunday with both expected to be fit for Madrid's crucial Champions League quarter-final, second leg against Wolfsburg on Tuesday.
The Spanish giants have to overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit to reach the semi-finals for the fifth consecutive year.
Benzema missed Saturday's 4-0 rout of Eibar after limping off with a knee injury during the first leg in Germany last week.
Varane has been sidelined for the past two weeks by a calf injury picked up in France's recent 4-2 friendly win over Russia.
Coach Zinedine Zidane made eight changes against Eibar as four first-half goals brought Real to within four points of La Liga leaders Barcelona at the weekend.
However, Madrid will be back at full strength in midweek with captain Sergio Ramos returning from suspension along with the likes of Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos, who were rested against Eibar.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement