Zidane's average of 4.1 goals at home would be enough
Madrid have played nine games at home with Zidane on the bench and only two results of the nine would be insufficient: Atlético (0-1) and Athletic (4-2).
Real Madrid maintain their belief that they can turn around the 2-0 reverse which they suffered last Wednesday at the VW Arena in Wolfsburg. Apart from conjuring up the 'ghosts of the past', the statistics secured by the team under Zidane at the Bernabeu this season add weight to the credence of going through.
Since Zidane's arrival on the bench, Real Madrid have scored an average of 4.1 goals at their home ground. Maintaining that scoring rhythm tomorrow night would see the team from the Spanish capital through to Friday's semi-final draw,
Zidane has overseen nine games at the Bernabéu and results in seven of the nine matches would see Madrid through. Only results mirroring the defeat in the Madrid derby (0-1) and the 4-2 win over Athletic would see the Bundesliga side through. A 2-0 win for Madrid would force the tie into extra time.
The other side of the coin is Madrid's recent inability to turn European ties around in recent time. One has to go back to 2002 for the last instance that Madrid managed to go through after a negative first leg result. Madrid beat Bayern Munich at the Bernabéu 2-0 after falling in Munich 2-1 to the German side.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7