José Mourinho's provocative celebration against Man City
A late Cristiano Ronaldo winner and a suit-ruining celebration from the 'Special One' were the standout moments the last time Real Madrid hosted Man City.
Real Madrid have been pitted against the blue half of Manchester in the Champions League semi-finals. The two sides have only met each other twice before in the elite European competition - when they were drawn together in the group stage in the 2012/13 season - with the Spaniards holding a slight upper hand over their Premier League opponents (one win, one draw).
The first time Los Blancos faced The Citizens came during the group stage of the 2012/13 season. Before the two sides held each other to a 1-1 draw at the Etihad Stadium, the La Liga outfit then took the bragging rights in Chamartín thanks to a last-minute winner from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perhaps the most lasting and painful memory of that night for travelling Sky Blue contingent was the image of a fist-pumping José Mourinho sliding on his knees in his technical area as the Bernabéu erupted around them.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?