A win in Getafe will see Madrid move to one point of Barça
Zidane plans to rotate the squad as they travel the short distance to Getafe. Juan Esnáider makes his debut on the Geta bench.
With Barça's recent slip in LaLiga (picking up just 1 from a possible 9 points) Real Madrid are obliged to push the Catalan side all the way when they had pretty much given up the ghost. Today's away game is a chance to put aside the euphoria surrounding the club after securing a semi final place in the Champions League. Zidane himself admitted in yesterday's press conference that he didn't like the exaltation at the club. In reality his press conference to the press was a public address to his squad.
Madrid face six matches in the forthcoming 19 days and Zidane is anxious to ensure that he gets his balance right and ensuring that squad oxygen levels are at optimum levels. Today in Getafe, Sergio Ramos and Casemiro are the chosen players to take a break.
Kroos is set to return to the midfield and the German will be accompanied by one of Isco or James. Lucas Vázquez who has quietly established himself of one of the key elements in this seasons squad having participated in 25 games with two goals and eight assists. Cristiano will start upfront and it's highly possible that Benzema or Bale start from the bench.
Getafe,have worries of a totally different nature. They finished the first round of games with 23 points and at times were candidates for a Europa League spot. They've had a disastrous second round have games which have seen sink to te foot of the table coming into today's match. Club President Ángel Torres believes that three wins from the remaining six games will see his club safe and this week he sacked Fran Escribá replacing him with Juan Esnáider. The Argentine makes his Geta debut today buoyed on by 13.000 supporters and the hope that Madrid have their eye off the ball.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"