RAYO VALLECANO-REAL MADRID
Benzema limps out of Real Madrid win over Rayo
The striker was replaced in the first half after complaining of discomfort in the back of his right thigh, and is a doubt for Man City.
Striker Karim Benzema set Real Madrid's alarm bells ringing during their 3-2 LaLiga victory over Rayo Vallecano on Saturday afternoon.
The Frenchman went off holding the back of his right thigh shortly before half time as Los Blancos fought back from two goals down to win at Vallecas.
The 28-year-old was replaced by Lucas Vázquez, who went on to grab one of Madrid's goals.
Benzema received treatment from club medical staff in the dugout, with ice applied to the affected area.
He will undergo tests to ascertain the exact extent of the issue, which leaves his Champions League involvement against Man City on Tuesday in doubt.
"We'll have to assess whether he'll be fit for the City game," Real boss Zinedine Zidane said. "We'll see what he has. I hope it's nothing and that he can play."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?