Cristiano Ronaldo speaks after Real Madrid-Manchester City
"There are no favourites in a final. Zidane? He's doing a great job with the team. He's humble, he knows how to listen and that's always important".
Cristiano Ronaldo spoke to Spanish media after Real Madrid's 1-0 victory over a tepid Manchester City, booking their passage to the final in Milan on May 28.
What did they give you to help you recover this quickly?
"It was the complete performance, we could have killed it with a second goal, but it just wasn't possible. It was tight, but enough, you all had doubts because you thought my injury would come back, but I recover quickly, like Zidane said, I was at a hundred percent. Obviously not at a fitness level because I've been out for a while, but I did a good job for the team and we're in the final which was the aim in the end".
In the balance
"We knew we'd have to score. In the first game in Manchester we deserved to score a goal, today too. We were the best team, we're in the final, it's justice".
"It's a final, there are no favourites in a final. Again, we'll see, I'm happy because it's a Spanish team. A final against Atletico is always special".
"He's doing a great job with the team. We're all helping each other, it's mutual. I hope he continues, I admire him as a manager and as a person".
Zidane turned the team's season around
"We've always had Zizou's back, he's humble, he knows how to listen and that's always important".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades