Cristiano Ronaldo speaks after Real Madrid-Manchester City
"There are no favourites in a final. Zidane? He's doing a great job with the team. He's humble, he knows how to listen and that's always important".
Cristiano Ronaldo spoke to Spanish media after Real Madrid's 1-0 victory over a tepid Manchester City, booking their passage to the final in Milan on May 28.
What did they give you to help you recover this quickly?
"It was the complete performance, we could have killed it with a second goal, but it just wasn't possible. It was tight, but enough, you all had doubts because you thought my injury would come back, but I recover quickly, like Zidane said, I was at a hundred percent. Obviously not at a fitness level because I've been out for a while, but I did a good job for the team and we're in the final which was the aim in the end".
In the balance
"We knew we'd have to score. In the first game in Manchester we deserved to score a goal, today too. We were the best team, we're in the final, it's justice".
"It's a final, there are no favourites in a final. Again, we'll see, I'm happy because it's a Spanish team. A final against Atletico is always special".
"He's doing a great job with the team. We're all helping each other, it's mutual. I hope he continues, I admire him as a manager and as a person".
Zidane turned the team's season around
"We've always had Zizou's back, he's humble, he knows how to listen and that's always important".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates