Pellegrini branded a 'disgrace' by MotoGP rider after Man City exit
Aleix Espargaró railed against the Chilean on social media after City's Champions League semi-final elimination by Real Madrid.
It's fair to say that Spanish MotoGP rider Aleix Espargaró was less than impressed with Manchester City as the Premier League outfit bowed out of the Champions League to Real Madrid.
And following the match, self-confessed Barcelona supporter Espargaró laid into City boss Manuel Pellegrini on social media for his side's performance in the last four of Europe's top club competition.
Vaya castaña de partido, igualito que el de ayer...😂 Con esta plantilla y no hacer ni 1 ocasion en 180minutos, Pelegrini es un sinverguenza!— Aleix Espargaró (@AleixEspargaro) 4 de mayo de 2016
Taking to his Twitter account, the 26-year-old wrote: "With that squad and unable to create one chance in 180 minutes, Pellegrini's a disgrace!"
He then followed up that tweet with a message in which he called on the powers that be at the Etihad Stadium not to wait until the season's end to part company with the Chilean, who is to be replaced by Pep Guardiola in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game