Ex-Córdoba star Patrick Ekeng dies during football match
The Cameroonian, who spent time in Spain with Córdoba, died onfield during Dinamo Bucharest's meeting with Vitorul Constanti.
Dinamo Bucharest player Patrick Ekeng died on Friday after suffering a heart attack during the team's league game against Viitorul. He was only 26.
Cameroon-born Ekeng, who spent the past two seasons on the books with Córdoba, suddenly fell to the ground when the game was in the 70th minute and was attended on the pitch before being rushed to a nearby hospital.
Ekeng had entered the game as a substitute on 63 minutes.
Spain's football community are in shock and deeply saddened by the news.
"There are no words to express our pain and sadness for Patrick Ekeng. We are devastated by this loss. We will never forget you dear friend", Córdoba said in a statement on their official web page.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers