Ceballos: "Let’s see if you rot in Segunda and disappear"
Radio show El Larguero on Sunday night reported the Betis midfielder had goaded Getafe defender Cala after the visitors' relegation was confirmed.
The match between Betis and Getafe ended in a set-to between both sets of players after the home side’s victory condemned the visitors to Segunda. Radio show El Larguero on Sunday reported that Betis midfielder Dani Ceballos had directed some unpleasant words towards Getafe defender Cala during the melee.
“Let’s see if you rot in Segunda and disappear,” the Spain youth international was heard to say to Cala and a member of the Getafe coaching staff after the match.
Betis coach Juan Merino was less than impressed by his player’s conduct and a sanction will surely follow: “I’m very clear on this. When you win and the opposition are playing with 10 men, there are ways of behaving. Dani has to learn to respect the opposition. What he said angered Cala. You have to compete respectfully and Dani has to improve in various things, so that he can become a better professional and a better person.”
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash