Jamie Carragher attacks Alberto Moreno on Twitter
Ex-Liverpool player Jamie Carragher posted an angry message on Twitter, that he later deleted, asking the club to find a replacement for the left back against Sevilla.
The Europa League final was bitter sweet for ex-Sevilla player Alberto Moreno as he saw his previous side win an unprecedented fifth title while being on the losing end of the defeat for his current employers Liverpool.
And ex-Liverpool player, and club legend, Jamie Carragher gave his employers some choice words when questioning the left-backs involvement in the second half debacle. The now pundit took to Twitter to urge the transfer committee (those seemingly responsible for the hiring and firing of players) and the manager, Jürgen Klopp, to find a replacement for the Spaniard after his errors played a part in all three Sevilla goals.
"Sign a fucking left back," was his cry, as you can see from his rather clear tweet before it was hastily deleted. As usual, it's not easy to delete it prior to someone getting a copy. Whether he will maintain this view when he next does some analysis we will see.
Other ex-Reds, Michael Owen and Steve McManaman, both who had spells at Real Madrid and are now involved in TV punditry, also pointed the finger in the direction of Moreno. The defender himself was interviewed after the loss and gave his view. "In the second half they [Sevilla] consumed us. They came out all guns blazing and in 20 minutes we had conceded three."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan