ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Atlético line up Peruvian winger André Carrillo
The 24-year-old hasn't played an official match since September last year. Atlético will pay Sporting Clube de Portugal a fee of around 25 million euros.
Nico Gaitán won't be the only Benfica player joining Atlético de Madrid this summer. Portuguese sports daily O Jogo reports today that as well as the Argentinean, The Colchoneros have an agreement in place to bring Peruvian winger André Carrillo to the Calderón, and for a similar fee - 25 million euros.
Carrillo's case is different and quite unusual; he has spent the past four seasons at Sporting Clube de Portugal but signed for Benfica in February after rejecting numerous offers to renew his contract, which was due to expire on 30 June. If the reports coming out of Portugal turn out to be true and Carillo joins Atlético, he will do so without having played a single minute in official competition for Benfica and leave them with 25 million euros in their coffers.
Carrillo is currently on holiday in his homeland and told the local media that he is expected back in Lisbon on 1 July to begin the pre-season with Benfica.
The 24-year-old had been training apart from his team mates since September, when he was outcasted for turning down and offer to renew terms with the club. He did play a few practice games with the reserves but his last official outing was back on 13 September 2015 in the 2-1 away win at Rio Ave.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS What executive orders did Joe Biden sign on his first day as President?
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano