Othello Hunter will be Madrid's first signing of the summer
The 30-year-old is set to become Real Madrid basketball team's first signing of the summer. He joins to bolster Laso's team's inside game.
Real Madrid are looking for brawn to bolster their inside game - an area in which they have fallen short since Marcus Slaughter left last summer; they have found the man for the job in Olympiacos power-forward Othello Hunter. The player has given Madrid the thumbs up to the move although as always, nothing will be made official until the Liga Endesa season ends. Hunter will become the team's first signing of the summer. In the list of candidates was Galatasaray's Stephane Lasme but he was discarded as his economic demands were too high.
Hunter won't occupy the place of a non-EU player as he holds a passpot issued by French Colony Cotonou. His parents emigrated from West Africa to the United States at the start of the 1980s and he was born on 28 May 1986 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Hunter spent two seasons with Atlanta Hawks (2008-10) before begining his European adventure: Sassari and Siena in Italy, Azovmash in Ukraine, Valladolid in Spain's ACB and now he is in his seacond year with Olympiacos. He has also enjoyed experience of playing in China. With Blancos de Rueda Valladolid, he made 19 appearances: avereaging 13.3 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 blocks per game.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?