Morata's agent at Bernabéu to hammer out striker's future
According to Spanish redio network SER, Juanma López, Álvaro Morata's agent, is talking to Bernabéu chiefs over the striker's return
Juanma López, Álvaro Morata’s agent, was in the offices of the Bernabéu on Monday to find out first-hand what the club intend to do with respect to his client, who is currently at Juventus but subject to a buy-back clause inserted into his contract when Real Madrid sold him to the Old Lady.
Real Madrid’s idea in principle is to exercise that option to buy Morata, but then to sell him on to the highest bidder. The cost of bringing Morata back to the Bernabéu will be 30 million euros, but the club are confident they can double that figure when selling him on. Morata moved to Turin two summers ago for a fee of 20 million euros.
If that is the case, Morata is keen on a move to the Premier League, where Arsenal have emerged as the main suitor for the Spain international’s services. Reports suggest Arséne Wenger is extremely eager to add Morata to his squad and that the Emirates board have sanctioned a move for the striker, although there will be plenty of other clubs interested.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA