Piqué: “This time we were on 10 and what happened? we won”
There was no holding Gerard Piqué back in Barcelona's Copa del Rey celebrations: “For those who moan, we've reached our objectives in what has been a tough year
Barcelona paraded the Copa del Rey in front of their fans at Camp Nou on Monday night. After the more reserved announcements from Luis Enrique and Andrés Iniesta, the microphone was passed to Piqué, who with his son Milan by his side, told those in the stands that he had not prepared a speech in advance. It all just flowed out off the cuff so to speak. Piqué is one of the idols with the Camp Nou faithful. This time there was no mention of Kevin Roldán, but he couldn't resist a little dig at those who belittled Barça's successes: “I'd simply like to thank you all for the support you have given us all the way through the season and also yesterday in the Cup final in Madrid. As the boss says, it's been a tough year but we have achieved our objectives and we're very happy. And just one thing for those who moan because we have played a few times against 10 men. It turned out that we played with 10 men yesterday and what happened? We won. Visca Barcelona and Visca Catalunya”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card