The future of Álvaro Morata could be resolved this week. Or, at least, that’s what Antonio Conte would like. The next Chelsea manager, who will leave his post as Italy’s head coach after Euro 2016, has urged his new club to capture the young Spanish international’s signature before Spain kick off their Euro campaign against Czech Republic on Monday 13 June.
According to The Guardian, Conte – who was interested in signing the ex-Real Madrid man for Juventus before starting his tenure at the Azzuri – wants Chelsea to contract Morata directly from Juve before Real Madrid get chance to execute their buy-back option over the striker.
Chelsea stumbling block
This is where the Blues could face one of their first stumbling blocks. As revealed in the leaked papers by Football Leaks – and something that AS reported back in February – Real Madrid included a clause in Morata’s transfer to Turin which would oblige the Bianconero club to pay €80 million to Los Blancos if they sold the player before 16 June 2017. Chelsea, therefore, would need to offer the Italian side a substantial sum of money as way of compensation.
Real's intention to resell
This contractual condition comes on top of the already publicly known re-purchase clause which gives Real Madrid first refusal over the 23 year old for a cost of just €30 million. Despite Morata expressing his desire to go back to the Spanish capital in an interview with AS last week, it’s quite possible his return would just be a passing one, as its understood Real’s intention would be to resell to a Premier League team for a handsome profit. The asking price would start at €50 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?