PORTUGAL 7-0 ESTONIA
Cristiano and Quaresma to the fore as Portugal thrash Estonia
The pair helped themselves to a brace each as Fernando Santos' side registered a thumping win in their final Euro 2016 warm-up.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Quaresma scored twice each as Portugal demolished Estonia 7-0 in their final friendly before Euro 2016 on Wednesday.
Quaresma on song
Quaresma, given a chance to stake his place in the team for France when he replaced Nani in the starting line-up, was in sparkling form as he delivered one of the best international performances of his topsy-turvy career.
The 32-year-old, who critics say has failed to make the most of his talent in a career punctuated by tantrums, opened the floodgates with two moments of brilliance just before half time.
This first was a stunning 'trivela', an outswinging cross hit with the outside of his right foot, to pick out Ronaldo who got in front of his marker and netted with a bullet header at the far post in the 36th minute.
There was even better to come three minutes later when Quaresma put an extraordinary amount of spin on the ball as he dinked it over Estonia goalkeeper Pavel Londak from inside the penalty area.
CR7 bags brace and makes way at half time
Ronaldo, Portugal's all-time leading marksman, then exchanged passes with Joao Mario to score the third with a scuffed shot - taking his international tally to 58 - before being taken off at the break.
Quaresma narrowly missed the goal with a 'rabona' effort early in the second half, then provided the corner for Danilo to head the fourth.
Another Quaresma cross also led to the fifth when Londak punched the ball at team-mate Karol Mets and it rebounded into the goal.
The Besiktas man turned in a Renato Sanches pass for the sixth and substitute Eder added the seventh in a rousing send-off for the Euro 2012 semi-finalists.
Te recomendamos en English
- GALATASARAY 0-REAL MADRID 1 Zidane: "There's never an easy week at Real Madrid"
- GALATASARAY 0 - 1 REAL MADRID Marcelo says Real Madrid unlucky not to score two or three against Galatasaray
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool stars deserve Ballon d'Or nominations, says Klopp
- ATLÉTICO 1-0 BAYER LEVERKUSEN Simeone: "Aragonés, Caminero, Kiko... we've all been whistled"
- MANCHESTER CITY Rodri pulls up as Manchester City battle Atalanta
- Barcelona are not treating Slavia Prague lightly, insists Valverde