Muniain denies participation in sexual assault
Iker Muniain released a statement in response to reports that he'd implicated in a sexual assault by a protected witness in a police investigation.
Iker Muniain published a statement on his Twitter account to deny reports that he has been implicated in a sexual assault by a protected witness during a police investigation into a porn producer.
Comunicado de Iker Muniain: pic.twitter.com/z9SBlCQCPW— Iker Muniain (@IkerMuniain19) June 10, 2016
In his short statement the Athletic Bilbao player said:
In response to the information published today about me I wish to state:
1. The events described are completely false
2. In the coming days I will appoint a lawyer to defend my honour.
3. I hope that all the fans who have supported me on the field of play trust me at this time.
De Gea, who has been implicated by the protected witness as having organised the alleged meeting between Muniain and the victim, held a press conference to deny the reports this afternoon.
Earlier in the day, Muniain's agent Txus Medina had said he and the player knew nothing about the reports and that neither the police or the judge investigating the case had been in touch with them.
Te recomendamos en English
- No group stages, EFL Cup or Nations League? Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Di María discusses the impact on his life and family
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS | TRANSFERS Coronavirus: Lavish spending and huge wages to be a thing of the past
- Coronavirus Social unrest spreads in Italy as coronavirus lockdown nears fourth week