Muniain denies participation in sexual assault
Iker Muniain released a statement in response to reports that he'd implicated in a sexual assault by a protected witness in a police investigation.
Iker Muniain published a statement on his Twitter account to deny reports that he has been implicated in a sexual assault by a protected witness during a police investigation into a porn producer.
Comunicado de Iker Muniain: pic.twitter.com/z9SBlCQCPW— Iker Muniain (@IkerMuniain19) June 10, 2016
In his short statement the Athletic Bilbao player said:
In response to the information published today about me I wish to state:
1. The events described are completely false
2. In the coming days I will appoint a lawyer to defend my honour.
3. I hope that all the fans who have supported me on the field of play trust me at this time.
De Gea, who has been implicated by the protected witness as having organised the alleged meeting between Muniain and the victim, held a press conference to deny the reports this afternoon.
Earlier in the day, Muniain's agent Txus Medina had said he and the player knew nothing about the reports and that neither the police or the judge investigating the case had been in touch with them.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona offer Griezmann to Juventus, reports in Italy
- Coronavirus India's Covid-19 vaccine target launch date concerns experts
- Bundesliga Sané takes Coutinho's number 10 shirt at Bayern
- BARCELONA Umtiti: Barcelona defender suffers fresh injury setback
- Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool Klopp praises “brilliant attitude” despite comprehensive defeat
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid stretch LaLiga lead over Barcelona to four points