"Coutinho would fit in perfectly at Atlético" says Filipe Luis
The Rojiblanco full-back would love to see the Liverpool midfielder in El Cholo Simeone's set-up: "He's incredible - a player who makes a real difference".
In Filipe Luis' opinion, Philippe Coutinho would be a great signing for Atlético. The two players are together on international duty with Brazil at the Copa América, and the full-back was full of praise for the Liverpool player, who hit a hat trick in the 7-1 decimation of Haiti earlier this week. Coutinho is under contract with Liverpool until 2020 and while he ended just behind Daniel Sturridge in the goal scoring charts, his performances over the season as a whole were quite erratic. Jürgen Klopp has a surplus of attacking midfield players and the 23-year-old Brazilian is on the radars of Paris Saint-Germain and according to some sources, Barcelona (although the Catalans have a full quota of non-EU playing staff in their squad at present).
Filipe feels Coutinho would fit in perfectly at Atlético. "Coutinho is incredible, he's a player who makes a real difference. He could play for any of the top teams in the Champions League", the Rojiblanco defender told Esporte Interativo. "Coutinho asked me what it felt like to play in a Champions League final. He would be warmly welcomed at Atlético, he's got so much quality", Filipe added. "We have a great relationship in the Brazil squad. He's great fun to be around".
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"